Sunday, May 06, 2007

Spider Guys

I thought this might be fitting since the newest installment of the Spiderman series just came out to theaters.

Last Tuesday I parked in the Actors Theater parking garage on 3rd Street, Louisville, Kentucky and had to wind myself all the way up to the sixth level as the garage was almost full. I was on my way to the Kentucky Derby Festival's Run for the Rose' that you saw earlier on this site. After getting out of my truck I happened to look across the street and happened to see this window washer. Now I know you're going to look at this picture and say, 'What's the big deal about him?' Well....it's the next picture I took that will show you why.

When you zoom out, which I've done here, it gives you a whole different perspectice of where he is sitting at. This is looking up at the sixteenth floor. (I counted to be sure.) Taking this picture actually became a task for me because as I was looking up I was overcome with a case of vertigo and actually had to grab the concrete wall I was up against to keep myself upright. Now I've flown on airplanes (even an open cockpit bi-plane) and even in helicopters with their doors wide open but was never overcome as I was watching not only this guy but the other guy just to his left. I don't know how they were doing it. They weren't using the big mechanical platforms like is seen on most skyscrapers now. These two guys were simply using ropes with a little seat as they made their way down the side of the building and they didn't seem to be phased by the height of their situation at all. I know Spiderman would have been proud. Oh....... I sure hope they got paid a lot of money for that job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home