Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Big Parade
The last of the big Festival events came on Thursday with the Kentucky Derby Festival's Pegasus Parade. Now I parked about a mile and a half away from the area where I would be doing a lot of my shooting at. That was down at Floyd and Broadway where WAVE 3 had all their live television cameras set up. During my walk to my spot it rained the entire way and even after I got there. There wasn't the the number of people that are usually lining the street with only an hour ago before parade time. A lot of those people I'm sure decided not to get wet in the process. The theme for this year's parade was 'Wonders, Wizards, and Wands'. There must have been a little magic going on because just before the parade was to begin the rain suddenly stopped and pretty much stayed away the entire time. I heard a report that Harry Potter and Dumbledore were spotted going into a 3rd Street parking garage just before parade time. Hmm...maybe I should take a trip to Hogwarts myself.

Parades are pretty much all about visuals so what I leave you with here is a series of pictures from Thursday's event. As for sound, just let your imagination run away with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home