Saturday, May 05, 2007

Winefest
On Wednesday after the boat race (which will be coming up a little later on this site) I decided to take a little visit over to Winefest where hundreds of wine lovers got a chance to do a little sipping of delights from vineyards and wineries across the area. There were something for just about everybody and of every color you could imagine. Different shaped bottles of varying colors with each containing its own delectible taste wetted the palates of the heartiest of tasters. I was taking pictures and another photographer friend of mine took me over to one of the tables so we could do our own little bit of tasting and what a good one we found. It was from the Talon Winery out of Lexington, Kentucky.

Now I'm not one for the very dry wines or the very sweet ones. Most of the reds, for me, have got too much fruity taste to them and even though I've had lots of Chardonnays they've become a little too dry for my liking. My favorites are the good semi-sweet ones like the Reislings and the Gewurztraminers. I found one here, though, called Sweet Evening Breeze that fit my taste. It was very similar to the Reislings and Gewurztraminers and I recently found out it's one of favorite wines purchased at the Talon winery. Because I was working I didn't get to get a taste of any of the others but being able to get just a little taste of that one made me glad I had come to check it out and I've already located a distributor in Louisville that carries this particular wine that I got to wet my pallate with. And yes I plan on going there very soon to grab a bottle.
And out of all the people that were roaming through the tents and doing all the tasting I bumped into a friend of mine, Dana, who is pretty much of a wine taster like myself. I found out that we both like the same kinds of Reislings and even occasionally get one of the big blue Reisling bottles at Walmart. (I know what you're going to say but that blue bottle at Walmart really is pretty good.) I pointed her toward the one I had tasted and she later told me that one was going to be one on her list too the next time she went shopping. You know....I'm making myself a little thirsty sitting here talking about all this good tasting stuff. Sounds to me like I need to make a road trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home